Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Post 38: One Week Down

It's officially been one week since I started injections, and now the waiting game begins. I'm waiting for my period to start, waiting for my first ultrasound, waiting for the next round of drugs, waiting for the retrieval, waiting for the transfer, and finally, waiting to see if it worked. The Lupron injections haven't been that bad. The needle is tiny, but I've noticed the more injections I'm given, the more tender I'm becoming. Each injection hurts a little worse than the last. My side effects include an increased appetite (I'm eating at least 5 meals each day), insomnia (only sleeping 3-4 hours), exhaustion, and bloating. My stomach looks like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy, but I guess if this works, I kind of am!

According to my schedule from Wake Forest, my period should start today. Though I'm a very scheduled person, I'm not sure if they've gotten it right or not. I typically have a 28-30 day cycle, and today is day 27. I guess I'll just wait and see! I think this is the first time in over two years that I'm excited for my period to start, because I know that I'll be one step closer to becoming a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment