Saturday, November 1, 2014

Post 39: Shot Thoughts

Though we're only twelve days into my ivf schedule, and I still have around 8-10 weeks of daily shots remaining if I become pregnant, I'm already beginning to dread 9:00PM! My stomach is sore, and frankly, they just hurt. We've tried different positions, areas, temperatures, and nothing seems to help. Luckily, it only takes about two minutes from start to finish, but regardless, it's not much fun. 

My sister and I have been helping my parents clean out their attic, and purge a great deal of "stuff" that has no important value. Today, we went through old books and bibles, and I found so many things that I needed to read. The first was from an old Public Health book, from 1920, called "A Child's Day," by Woods Hutchinson. 


The second was from a bible that was given to my grandmonther on her 21st birthday, May 24th, 1950:


These two pieces reminded me that I have to keep trying, and that all of the shots will be worth it. I have to stay positive, and believe that it will work - have faith, and keep hoping! I will be a mother, and Shaun will be a father, in God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment