Thursday, May 15, 2014

Post 14: Clomid...Round 2

My first round of clomid didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Yes, I ovulated according to my progesterone test, but I did that on my own without clomid. Also, I didn't end up pregnant. 

When I started spotting, I contacted David to see what was next. I knew that most women taking clomid needed more than one cycle of drugs for them to work, so with the Easter holiday close by, I wanted to make sure I had my prescription ready to go. David told me to let him know when my period started, and at that point he would call in my prescription. Two days later, I did just that - I called. However, I didn't get a response. So the next day, I called again. Finally, I got a message that the prescription would be called in for me. So the next day, I stopped by my pharmacy, and, surprise, no prescription! At this point, I'm in a panic. It's a day before Easter, the pharmacy was closing later that day, and I was supposed to start clomid on Easter! About an hour later, the pharmacy called, and my nerves were restored. I stopped by, picked up my drugs, and, luckily, didn't have to have a consultation! 

My prescription came with new directions, stating that I was to start the medicine on day 5 of my cycle instead of day 3. From what I've read, taking clomid on day 3 produces more eggs, where as day 5 produces better quality eggs. So I followed the directions, crossed my fingers, and started my second round of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment