Thursday, May 1, 2014

Post 8: My Not So Swollen Ovary

While in the ER, the physician who treated me for the kidney stone informed me that my left ovary was enlarged, and that I should see my OBGYN to have it examined. So after getting through the bactrim drama, and talking with David, he decided to have me come in for a check-up. I picked up my x-rays showing the swollen ovary, and headed to the hospital. At my appointment, David was confused by the ER doctors diagnosis. He said that my ovary was well within normal range, and that it was not enlarged at all! 

Since we had already made the trip to see David, Shaun and I took the time to discuss our next steps. David's recommendation was to take a month off of charting and testing, and to just have fun, and to try to relax. Then when we were ready, to visit him again to discuss the next steps. Since we had a vacation planned a week later, we decided to take his advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment