Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Post 68: Great Dad

I cannot wait until the time that we are parents. After watching Shaun with my niece Lilly, it strengthens my desire to have a child. He will be an amazing father. 


Our annual family cruise vacation was ok. They cancelled a port of call due to weather, all dinner conversations were financially driven, and I was constantly reminded that Sara's having a baby. I did really well, and kept my emotions in check except for one day, where I went straight to bed after dinner. I claimed I was tired, which was true, but a few comments were made at dinner about babies, and Sara sang "put the lime in the coconut" and I'd had enough. No one knew that the comments were hurtful, and had probably forgotten that we'd planned on announcing our pregnancy on the cruise by using the song. Rather than making a big deal of it, I just went to bed. 



Lilly's birthday was celebrated twice, and she was so excited to turn three. She does not like green eggs and ham, or Dr. Seuss characters for that matter, but her presence made the cruise so much more enjoyable, and allowed me to see what it's like to be a parent. 


Shaun and I loved every minute pretending to be parents. It made me realize that we both have impressive patience, and I know that we will be the type of parents that help our kids explore, learn, and play. We will not take a moment of parenthood for granted, and are ready and waiting on God to bless us with a family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment