Thursday, April 17, 2014

Post 4: Results are in

A day after our testing, we got a call from David. All of our numbers were great! We were both healthy as horses, which meant it was time for more testing. The next test was a Day 21 Progesterone test, which shows if you're body is ovulating. If you aren't releasing an egg, then it can't be fertilized, so you can't get pregnant. The Day 21 test was another blood test, but it had to be taken on the 21st day of my "cycle," which meant timing was important. Day 1 of your cycle is the first day of your period, so when you reach Day 21, it doesn't matter if you have plans, you must drop everything and go get blood work! Unfortunately, the set of blood work from the day before was on day 22 of my cycle, so the waiting game began. 

Almost a month later, I took the Day 21 test, and it came back with great results! My numbers showed that I ovulated on my own! As wonderful as this news was, I still didn't have an answer for why we weren't pregnant. And as was becoming normal, it was time for more testing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment