Thursday, April 17, 2014

Post 5: You're sticking what, where?

Somewhere between the first round of blood work and the Day 21 Progesterone test, I got to have my first ultrasound. When you hear the word "ultrasound" in the context of trying to have a baby, you think of movies. Girl lays on table, doctor squirts gel on stomach, girl complains it's cold, doctor puts ultrasound wand on stomach, everyone sees the inside of the belly. Yes, I had the movie version, but I was also the recipient of a transvaginal ultrasound. This type of ultrasound is not like the movies. For this ultrasound, the wand is stuck up your lady bits! Then for 10 minutes, it is pushed and rotated to see parts of yourself that were never meant to be seen! In all honesty, it wasn't that bad, but if I never have another transvaginal ultrasound again, I'd be ok with it.

At the end of the ultrasound appointment, I was told that David would call me with results in a few days. Shockingly, not, when David called with my results, I was, again, "normal." 

No comments:

Post a Comment