Monday, September 29, 2014

Post 29: Avocad-oh!

I've spent the last week trying to find a way to eat avocado in a way that doesn't taste like avocado. I'd planned on making brownies based on a pinterest recipe (1 boxes brownie mix and 1 mashed avocado), but when I looked through my cabinets, I was all out of brownie mix. What I did find was a bag of gingerbread cookie mix. I figured it had to be similar to brownies, so I made up a recipe, and it worked! It even, gasp, tastes great! 

I started by mashing a full avocado until it was as smooth as it could be. Then I slowly began adding the cookie mix. I knew there was more mix than there would have been with the brownies, so made sure to watch the texture. I then realized that I didn't want to waste the rest of the mix, so I threw in the rest, added an egg and two tablespoons of water, and viola, baby poop cookie dough! 


I dropped the cookie dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, and baked them at 375 for 10 minutes. I ended up with a pretty awesome cookie, and I only have to eat eight of them to equal half an avocado! I'd highly recommend this recipe to anyone trying to sneak veggies into their diet. You can't taste or see the avocado at all, and the cookies are really moist and fluffy. I'll definitely make these again! 


2 comments: