Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Post 59: Beta Day

Another day, another blood test. I'm numb this morning. Shaun and I will head to the hospital after my shot to see if I'm pregnant. The test is done quickly, but it takes an hour for results. However, I know the result, and it's not going to be in my favor. I took a home pregnancy test this morning, and threw it away as soon as I peed on it, but I know it was negative. I have no symptoms at all, and have had this overwhelming feeling of negativity since the transfer. There's still a chance that it worked, and my numbers are too low to show on a home test, but I'm so depressed at this point that it's hard to remain positive. 

Once again, my HCG level was 0, so I am, indeed, not pregnant. As much as it stinks, I am relieved that I don't have to be shot tomorrow. My hips are so sore, bruised, and swollen, and my right butt cheek is completely numb.


 I believe that Shaun hit a nerve two days ago, which is causing the numbness. We have a follow-up phone conference with our doctor tomorrow to discuss our next steps. Our plan is to take some time off, but it will depend on how tomorrow's conversation goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment