Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Post 56: Great lining, great day!

It's so nice to have a relaxing day with my BFF! The only thing that would have made it better is if there were no needles involved. However, my ultrasound and bloodwork both came back with great results, and I'm scheduled for our FET on December 22! I think the ultrasound tech was trying to kill me though. She checked my lining three times, and I'm pretty sure she was able to see my esophagus by the third scan. 

After the appointment, Angel and I headed to Charlotte to pick up mirrors for the studio, and to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Our first stop was IKEA! Shaun and I had our first IKEA experience a few months ago, and it was overwhelming, and not a lot of fun. However, IKEA with Angel was much more exciting! It's nice to shop with someone who also gets excited about tutu lamps and cheap kitchen tools! We sprinted through IKEA, picked up the mirrors, plus a few Christmas presents, then headed to Concord Mills Mall. Our goal was to find a Build-A-Bear, and after a marathon power walk, we finally found our store. We each picked up a few outfits for Christmas and birthdays, found a snack for dinner, and headed home. 

We talked, we laughed, we drank coffee, we ate cupcakes, and we had an awesome day! I am so lucky and blessed to have Angel in my life, and truly believe that God gives us exactly what we need, when we need it. I've needed a friend for so long, and I couldn't have asked for a better one. Don't get me wrong, I love my BFFs from college, and we talk regularly, and see each other as often as we can, but there's something about having a friend two minutes away that makes a huge difference. Throw in the fact that she actually understands what I'm going through with infertility, and a shared love of God, kids, food, and coffee, and it's easy to see why we get along so well! It's days like today that make me realize how truly blessed I am. I'm infertile, but I'm healthy, I'm surrounded by friends and family her love me wholeheartedly, and I know that one day I will be a mother. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment