Friday, April 13, 2018

103: Support

Within about 15 minutes of sending my email, Lauren called to talk to me. We discussed my frustrations, and my lack of trust in Dr. Berga. I explained that I didn’t want to face her, or have her do our transfer. Lauren recommended freezing the embryos, and waiting a cycle, so we could have our doctor be there. Dr. Johnston had been on vacation for the past week, which is why she wasn’t able to do the retrieval or transfer. Lauren said that Dr. Patel was going to call me at 2PM to chat and discuss my options and feelings.

At 1PM, Shenia, one of our dance moms and a good friend, stopped by with lunch! She brought Pizza Hut, friendship, and a listening ear. I talked with her and Courtney about my hesitations, and dealt with Linda telling me that it’s in God’s hands and I shouldn’t be upset over what happened. I clearly know that God is in control, and I trust that He will answer my prayers. That doesn’t make the left behind eggs any easier to process, and it will always leave me wondering. 

Linda left after lunch, and Dr. Patel called right on time. She said that our best chance for success with or embryos was a fresh transfer. That a frozen transfer increases the chance of success by 10%, but that our embryos may not make it to freeze because of the quality, so risking it for my distaste in a doctor could cost us the entire cycle. Dr. Patel reassured me that Dr. Berga is very skilled at her job, and has been doing transfers longer than anyone else in the office. I agreed to the transfer, reluctantly, but decided it was the best course of action. If our embryos won’t make it to freeze, then I can’t chance it.

About an hour later, Dr. Patel called again. She called Dr. Johnston, and talked with her about how I was feeling. Dr. Johnston agreed to do the transfer for us! My entire outlook improved, and my stress melted away. I’m officially ready for transfer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment