Monday, April 9, 2018

Post 96: Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Today has been low key, and relaxing. Just what the doctor ordered! Julie was absolutely thrilled that the Easter bunny came to visit her, and brought her a basket full of goodies. She ate more sweets today than she has in her entire life, but still managed to take almost a three hour nap. 




After opening her basket, we had breakfast, played with her new bubble blower, then I got Julie dressed for church. Shaun had to be there early for band practice, so Linda took Julie since I’m so bloated and nauseous that I could stand going. I crashed while they were at church, then started on lunch once they got home.

Lunch today was simple. The three of us, Linda, and my parents. Julie was sound asleep when the food was ready, so we let her nap, and enjoyed an adult only meal. My parents left shortly after we ate, and Julie woke up a little before dinner time. 

Linda hadn’t seen the new “Beauty and the Beast” movie, which is Julie’s favorite, so after nap, we all watched it together. Julie danced around the upstairs of our house with Shaun any time music was playing. It was adorable to watch. We decided we needed dinner, and I’d been dreaming of stuffed crust pizza for days. I knew my stomach wouldn’t handle it well, but I just couldn’t get it off my mind. So Shaun ordered Pizza Hut, and our Easter dinner arrived quickly. We played a little more, ate a little more, and then it was time for bed. Julie crashed hard again. I’m guessing she’s in a growth spurt, or getting sick, because she was out within a minute, and barely put up a fight. 

After bedtime, Shaun prepared my trigger shots. I got two injections in my belly (yay), then we watched the movie, “Heaven is for Real.” The book is wonderful, but the movie was good too. Linda hadn’t seen it, and Shaun and I hadn’t watched it in years. It was a nice way to spend the evening. About an hour into the movie, Shaun went to bed. He was sound asleep by the time I joined him at 10, and I crashed quickly too. I think all the travel has caught up with both of us, and we’re both just feeling run down and exhausted. The end is near though. At this point, we only have the retrieval, transfer, and pregnancy test remaining. The hard part is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment