Monday, April 9, 2018

Post 97: Prep

The count down is on for retrieval day! Schools were closed today for spring break, so I had the day off. Shaun changed his schedule around, and is coming home early, so we can head to Winston Salem tonight. Our retrieval is set for 9AM tomorrow, and we have to check in at 8AM. 

Today has been low key again. I met with a few dance moms to clean and set-up the studio, paid our rent to make sure they don’t lock us out, and stopped by the farm to visit with my parents. Linda was home with Julie, and since I can’t chase or lift her, I tried to stay away. I stopped by Goodwill, and cleaned and vacuumed Shaun’s car before the trip. 

Shaun got home around dinner time. We hugged Julie, and got on the road immediately. I knew I had to eat today, so we stopped at Wendy’s on our way out of town. The trip to North Carolina was uneventful. We drove straight to the hotel, Shaun ran to the gas station next door and got water and snacks, then we headed to bed. 

I chatted with Randi for quite a while about tomorrow’s procedure, and she truly helped put my mind at ease. Randi is the only other person I know who has gone through IVF treatments, and has been a lifesaver for my sanity. No one understands the emotional game, unless they’ve gone through it. I’ve known Randi for years now, but the past few weeks have been a huge change in our friendship. I have become a stronger person since getting to know her, and am truly blessed to have found a true friend who just gets me. I so desperately needed a friend, and she has gone above and beyond that call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment